After a thrilling event in Assen the World Superbike now takes on the legendary track of Imola. Before the racing action begins, we take a closer look to Michael Van der Mark & Alex Lowes’ Yamaha YZF-R1 bike.
- Engine: Liquid cooled 4-stroke R1 engine DOHC, forward inclined parallel 4-cylinder with 16 valves and fuel injection. Coupled to an Akrapovic Exhaust and lubricated by Motul 300V oil. The ensemble produces no less than 230 horsepower which sends the R1 from 0-100kph in 2.6 seconds and it will keep going until it reaches 340kph
- Fuel tank: Carries maximum of 24 litres
- Frame: Series production aluminium Deltabox with specialist chassis parts by Gilles Tooling
- Bodywork: “Plastic bike” carbon fibre fairings with titanium fasteners
- ECU: MLE unit by Magneti Marelli
- Transmission and clutch: Constant mesh close ratio gearbox six speed gearbox coupled to a SuterClutch with back torque limiting system.
- Suspension: 46mm Ohlins dampers in the front with a 130mm of travel and a caster angle of 24°. Ohlins RSP-40 link suspension in the rear with 120mm of travel.
- Brakes: Brembo hydraulic dual discs in the front and hydraulic single disc at the rear using Hel brake lines and Ferodo brake pads.
- Wheels: Marchesini forged 17” wheels with Pirelli 125/70 front tyres and 200/65 rear tyres